WELCOME to Cassie's Blog!


Here you will find awesome (and probably hilarious at times) stories about my amazing life in the extremely MASSIVE city of LA.

If you want to hear more about anything, feel free to write me at ecassie@ymail.com :)

Happy reading everyone!!!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

December and January's life news

Hello there everyone! Sorry it's been awhile since I've written what's up with me. I've had QUITE a busy last couple months...here's some things that have been going on with me:

  • I have found a few places here in LA that I LOVE to go to journal and chill by myself...like the Venice Beach Canals, The Huntington Library, my local starbucks (lol), the pool!!! and my favorite place being the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, lol...but it's actually like a cemetery and a park and it's absolutely gorgeous and they have beautiful scenery, a pond with swans, ducks, birds, and some geese, a really nice like roman-style long pool with pillars and stairs at either end (does that make sense?) and yeah...I don't go there for the dead people, lol...I go there for the scenery and the peace and quiet...plus there are security guards at the front gate who make sure there aren't any homeless crazies wandering around the place so I'm safe there, haha
  • I still absolutely LOVE my job and the people I work with...it's such an awesome blessing! Although some servers who were supposed to be quitting, which would mean I would be taking their place and get to train to be a server, haven't quit yet and I'm getting less and less hours right now cuz it's winter, which is the slow season. But I'm still not doing too bad financially, so it's all good...and I might be able to pick up some "expo" shifts (expo is the person who puts the finishing touches on our food and makes sure it gets out to the tables ASAP) soon, which would be awesome cuz then I would at least be making tips doing that. I was hanging out with my co-workers outside of work a lot when i started but not so much now...they don't hang out at their houses, they go out a lot, which makes it too expensive to spend lots of time with them...but it's all good cuz Joseph, my sister Mari's boyfriend, just moved here a month ago and we're pretty good friends so I spend more time now with my roommates and him all together...
  • Nikki and Mike, two of my closest friends from MN, came and visited a week and a half ago and we had SOOOOOOOOO much fun!!! I showed them Hollywood, my "spot" (the cemetery, lol), the Venice Beach canals (and sunset two days in a row at Venice Beach...GORGEOUS), Karl Strauss (the restaurant I work at), and my apartment and Joseph's place. Mike and Joseph are practically best friends now, they hit it off SO well, and they are HILARIOUS!!!!!! together, and we also went a comedy club called "Groundlings" which is where Will Ferrell got his start and laughed our heads off. It was GRAND...and I desperately miss them already :(
  • I've been getting to know a bunch of the Mexican people I work with a TON better this last month or so and it's so fun to get better at spanish and just get closer to people with a different culture than mine! I might even get to start playing soccer with them on the weekends when i don't work...we'll see if I just look like a fool or if I can be in any way competitive, haha.
  • Mari and I have officially decided that we are NOT the kind of best-friend sisters who should be living together...we should be neighbors, haha...because we have COMPLETELY different day-to-day living habits...basically I like things clean and always in their place and she doesn't mind them everywhere...so it's not unbareable living with each other cuz we compromise but if I do stay in LA, I don't know that we'll continue living together past May...we'll see I guess, haha
  • Lastly, when it comes to my whole reason for coming out here, to figure out what I want to do next in my life and to get a better handle on my faith and relationship with God, I am making massive leaps and bounds :) There's so much to say about this, so if ur interested in specifics, just email me...I figure that's the better than writing a whole novel here :)
Well, that's all for now...I miss everyone and as always, wish I could be in two (or more) places at once!

CHOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear from you again!:) I'm glad things are going well for you. Miss you. -Tiffany

gengwall said...

We have got to xcheck out this cemetary next time we come out.

Say - my boss is coming out to San Diego in March and they might go up to Hollywierd. Would you show them around if they come up there?